Boards adds multiple features to other HCL Connections applications via Connections Customizer. For details about what features this adds, see the usage documentation.
Customizer Reverse Proxy Configuration¶
Check the rules in your HTTP proxy that direct traffic to
mw-proxy (customizer). See the relevant section from the install documentation.
Huddo Boards features appear on every page in Connections where the Connections header appears. Your rules should match every URL that appears in the browser address bar. As mentioned in the documentation above, you may want to avoid matching some URLs (like API requests) for better performance.
This example works well. If you have a suggestion for improvement, please open a GitHub issue.
Add Resources to
- Get a terminal session to your
mw-proxyserver. e.g. via
mkdir /pv-connections/customizations/boards-extensionsif it doesn't exist.
- In a web browser, download your custom Boards Extensions package from Huddo Store.
- Extract this package to
cat settings.jsand check that the "boardsURL" property has been set to the URL of your Boards deployment.
Add the app to Connections App Registry¶
- In a web browser, open https://connections.example.com/files/customizer/boards-extensions/manifest.json. You should see JSON similar to the screenshot below. Copy this JSON to the clipboard.
- Open the Connections Customizer App Registry: https://connections.example.com/appreg
- Open Code Editor
- Paste the JSON from the clipboard, in to the editor
- Click Save Changes
- Your screen should look something like this:
Individual extensions within this package can be disabled using the Extensions screen or by editing the JSON in the Code Editor. For example, if you're not using Connections 8, you may want to disable the extensions for Connections 8. There is no major issue in keeping these enabled. However, disabling extensions that are not compatible or needed will stop unnecessarily loading that extension's code.
Keep in mind that any changes made will be discarded when following the Updating steps below.
You can see when this package was last updated here. Open https://connections.example.com/files/customizer/boards-extensions/VERSION to see your version.
To update, runon your
Repeat the Boards URL configuration if necessary.
Copy the updated https://connections.example.com/files/customizer/boards-extensions/manifest.json and overwrite the existing code in the Connections Customizer App Registry.